Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Prismacolors


Prismacolors were my first introduction to art and creativity. My father had a big box full of them that he would let my brother and I use them whenever we wanted. This is his sharpener. Heaven knows how old it is. Just the sound of it sharpening brings back a flood of emotions and I picture my dad standing with it pressed against his belly, sharpening all the pretty pencils for me. I've put his pencils away as they are just nubs now but oh so special to me. Father's Day is just around the corner and it's such a hard day for me. I focus on my husband and having the kids make things for him instead of feeling sad about my dad being gone. I'm making a pretty pencil case to hold my Prismacolors and I'll pass down my love for them, just like my dad did. 

4 comments:

legato1958 said...

Hoping on Father's Day that your fond memories will bring some comfort.
Your Pencil Case is gorgeous! The embroidery is so elegant!
Susie

Missy Shay said...

What a great memory to pass on to your children!

Heidi Staples said...

Oh, Erin, I wish I'd read this post last week. I hope you were able to get through the day okay. There's nothing harder than dealing with this kind of loss. Hugs to you, my friend...

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Thank you all so much.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...