Friday, October 24, 2014

:: Girly Mini Quilt ::

Have you seen Heather's art work? Besides quilting she is an awesome artist. She paints the cutest custom pictures of children. Check out her shop HERE! and her instagram HERE. Well, when I saw some of her paintings I immediately asked her if she would be able to paint me a picture I could use for my blog header.

She painted the picture that is my header now and I made her this mini for her little girls room. I stalked her Pinterest and saw that she had a Polaroid quilt pinned and I thought that would be really fun to make.

I used the idea but just came up with my own measurements for the blocks. The fussy cut centers are always fun. I stippled around each picture and then hand quilted each Polaroid.

Then I bound it with a favorite Liberty of London print. It's funny because while I was making the quilt I was thinking of stripes for the binding but my daughter suggested the Liberty and it was perfect.

I love my header! All of the details, the blue bird and strawberries, just perfect!!!! Thanks so much, Heather!

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the little girls in each center, how you tilted the blocks and the combination of machine and hand quilting....this is going on my Pinterest board! This would make a great quilt for my grand daughter. Thank you for sharing!

Jacque. said...

Well, what can I say that I haven't already said to you about the quality of your work? Okay, I'll try: fabulous, wonderful, fantastic, superb, beautiful, amazing, awesome, etc., etc., etc.. You know how I feel, right? I love it, Erin. And, your new header, too!

Heidi Staples said...

That header is absolutely perfect, Erin, so very you... I love the mini quilt too. Just darling. I know Heather loves it!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a sweet and beautiful quilt!! I love the Polaroid idea! And your fabric choices are so lovely and darling!! Happy Friday! xo Holly

Kathleen said...

Such a sweet little quilt!

vintage grey said...

Such a darling quilt!!! xo Heather

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Thank you all, friends! You all are so sweet!

gibbygoo56 said...

I love it. Simply sweet! Charming!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...