Thursday, December 5, 2013

:: Hi ::



It's a gloomy day here today. I think I'll spend a little time hand quilting this piece of hexie patchwork this afternoon, maybe snuggled up with a quilt and some tea, and no doubt a kiddo or two. I started the hexies when I got this fabric from Shay. I picked them up again the other night when I couldn't sleep. I'll be turning this into a pillow. I'll post a picture when I finish.

I've been able to get some machine sewing time lately and it's been great. I have a project coming up for Benartex. A lap/throw sized quilt. It's a happy, bright quilt and I can't wait to show it to you.

If you've seen me on Pinterest lately, you may have noticed I went on a crazy peg doll / clothespin doll pinning spree not too long ago! I'm going to be making one of my girls a dollhouse and peg dolls for Christmas. This is one that I made for my pillow swap partner. I didn't realize how shaky my hand was until I tried painting the little details on this. I used to paint cute, small wooden things a lot when my oldest was younger. But I haven't done it in years. I'm shakier and my eyes are getting worse as I get older. But they are still cute, I think!!! 

Thanks for the nice comments on my last post. Seems a lot of you like the crocheted edging on things!!! I've been asked a few times how I put the edging on the fabric. I guess very often people use an awl. But I don't have an awl. What I do is blanket stitch around the whole piece and then crochet the scallops into the stitches. I learned this from Heather. She makes the prettiest things with crocheted edges!







11 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Your work is beautiful, and perfect for a gloomy day.

Heather D. said...

Hi! I love how every time I come to your blog I get to see cute aqua/pink/red things! My favourite. :) Though you wouldn't know it necessarily from the projects I chose to make. ha!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

A pretty project!! Adorable fabric!!

quilty stitches said...

Love the colors, so bright and cheery!! and your peg doll is adorable,,,I have patience for hand sewing but this would be beyond me so I'll just enjoy yours !! Thanks for sharing.

Svetlana said...

adorable, both the hexies and the peg doll. You have so many amazing talents.

Anonymous said...

Your hexies are going to make a beautiful pillow, love those colors. I'm like you, hands not as steady, eyes not as strong ... but we can keep sewing - yay!

Mary

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Hi back at'cha!:) Hope you and your family are well and that you had a great Thanksgiving.
You make the cutest little things, Erin. God has blessed you with such a nack for it!

Gina said...

Pretty projects!!!

Jacque. said...

So cute and wonderful, Erin!

vintage grey said...

Your hexies are gorgeous and such a beautiful pillow it is going to be!! Love the darling peg doll! Can't wait to see more! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather

Jeanie said...

Gosh, I didn't know about peg dolls. They are adorable! Now, I want to make some:) Yours is too cute.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...