Thursday, November 14, 2013

Quilt Barns

So I mentioned a long while ago about the Quilt Barns that are in the county where I live. I've started trying to get some better pictures of them.

At some point I'd love to have them all photographed but I think many are in inconspicuous areas. Here are two that are very near my home.
 
A pretty fall picture of a back road near our house. I'm pretty sure 99% of the roads where I live are back roads. I love them!

This one is on the ridge near our house. I really love this one. I wish I would have had my camera with me when we drove by this summer.

The loft doors were open and a horse was out front. Everything was green. It was really pretty. Maybe next year.

I love this view!

This one is really far away from the road. It's a Lone Star but it's hard to make out in this picture.

This one just snuck up on me! I remember after the fact, EVERY TIME! So I have to get a better picture of this one too.

There are so many more. I see them here and there.  There is a list of them I am going to have to get so that I can track them all down.

Of course no ride is complete without these pretty deer. Hey... you... you with the fur... are you the punk that ate my garden?

Lately, I've been thinking about organizing a quilt retreat. Maybe this spring? Just brainstorming. I'm kinda afraid I'll organize it only to end up eating brownies and sewing in my jammies all by myself. Oh, wait, that doesn't really sound too bad, does it?!

xo Erin

24 comments:

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

Beautiful pictures!! We have a few around here that I should take pictures of... I really hope to have one of my own someday (when I have time to design and paint of course)!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Love the barns with quilt blocks, I have a shed I would love to paint a block on, maybe someday!! I would love to come to a quilt retreat, if you are not too far away!!

Heather D. said...

How great! I've never seen a quilt barn in person.

Anonymous said...

I love these! And I think your pictures are just that much more beautiful in the autumn sunshine. Beautiful!

Heidi Staples said...

Erin, these are gorgeous! I love the fall scenery. I only wish I lived close enough to come to a retreat with you...someday! :)

traditional_quilter said...

I love your pictures very beautiful!Lots of deer in your one picture. I live in MN, you should have a virtual quilt retreat, I would be happy to join you. Nothing better than sewing in our pajamas. Have a great day!

Joan said...

There is a book out that documents all the barn quilts out there.

The book is by Suzi Parron, titled "Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail Movement" she is working on her second book on the subject an was in our state, Indiana, and she spoke at out guild. Great lecture.

Shay said...

I'm so envious of where you live :) Utah is pretty (big mountains) but nothing compared to that! Gorgeous! And I love quilt barns. Thanks for sharing.

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh, Erin, you live in a most beautiful area!!! I love old barns and I love back roads. I have no idea where you live, but I'd come to a quilt retreat :D You live in the perfect setting!

Debbie said...

Love these photos - keep em coming!

Gina said...

Great pictures Erin!! That would be a fun treasure hunt to track down all of the barn quilts or quilt barns :)

krislovesfabric said...

I have seen some of these barn quilts when vacationing in central Ohio and I will second the recommendation of Suzi Parron's book. Thanks for sharing the pictures, I was never able to get good ones of those we saw.

Andee said...

Love seeing the quilt barns...you have some really beautiful ones near you!

Sewn With Grace said...

I'll start saving now for the quilt retreat! How fun would that be?!!

Ginny said...

Beautiful pictures! So fun, I always wonder what the story is behind the block the owners chose.

Anne said...

Erin! Where do you live? Other than apparently one of the most beautiful places ever? (Those barn photos and back road photos are GORGEOUS!! I want to be there!)
I totally want to come to your retreat! As long as it's not too far away. :/

Nicky said...

Beautiful barns and scenery!

vintage grey said...

Wow, I think I need to move there! Gorgeous and the barns are so neat! Thanks for sharing such fall beauty! xo Heather

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I would love to visit. Very different scenery to Australia.

Leslie said...

this looks so much like where i am living right now.....the rolling hills in that one barn shot are the best. a quilt retreat sounds so fun!!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Looks like you are in my neighborhood. The quilt trail is all around here as well. I think a quilt retreat in PJs would be a great thing to enJOY!

Unknown said...

Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

Unknown said...

I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... success for you.......! - Download Google Chrome 2015 Latest Version

MH Tofan said...

Thanks for Sharing That... Sucses for You


findaunionprinter


findaunionprinter


getoifile


getdriversforpc


offlineinstallerfilehippo


theprinterdriver


esoftpedia


filehorse


thesoftpedia

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...