Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whimsy Progress.....Process Pledge


In keeping with the process pledge (badge on sidebar). I thought I'd post my progress on the Whimsy Snowball quilt. I have all of the blocks sewn, finally. I layed the blocks out in their rows. I was going to lay it out 10 blocks x 16 blocks, but I didn't care for it. I decided on a 12 block x 14 block layout. I labeled my rows and now they are ready to be sewn together. I'm still debating what fabric I want to use for borders. I want this to be bigger so I definitely want borders.


I have some yardage from the Whimsy line.


I have some dots also by Joanna Figueroa (Fig Tree & Co.) that blend well with the Whimsy. The other one is Moda Marbles. It matches nicely also. I'll update when I get to that!

I think the ric rac fabric would make a nice binding though, cut on the bias.

FYI : the finished size of the block is 4 inches. I used 4 charm packs and 2 different 1/2 yards of fabric to get 168 blocks.








Add Image

4 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Who is this quilt going to be for? I love it already!! :)

Leslie said...

this is so pretty.

Jacque. said...

ohhhhhh, loving that! 4 charm packs...and all those bitty squares...you're rockin', girlfriend! That is going to be totally awesome! I have the same striped fabric...it's so obviously wanting to be a binding. Cannot wait to see this all done!

Jessica Christensen said...

I LOVE whimsy. I'm doing Amanda Jean's new quilt along with whimsy. I do like the idea of the ric rac binding on the bias. Very cute!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...